Regional Funding and Regional NRM Organisations
The National Landcare Programme (NLP) regional funding stream is delivered through Australia’s 56 natural resource management (NRM) organisations, recognising the crucial role the organisations play in delivering NRM at a local and regional level.
Perth NRM is one of these Regional NRM organisations with responsibility for delivery of the Regional Funding stream in the Swan Region.
With regional funding we undertake to:
- in collaboration with community, landcare and farming system groups, lead regional NRM planning and prioritisation of NRM activities to support environmental protection and sustainable agricultural practices
- deliver nationally important outcomes that assist Australia to meet its national and international obligations
- broker partnerships, collaborate with networks and support local stakeholders in delivery of regional NRM activities
- build local community and industry engagement, skills and capacity in NRM and sustainable agriculture
- support Indigenous participation in delivering NRM outcomes
- report NRM outcomes at a regional level and contribute to Programme reporting at the national level.
We deliver this project as part of our regional funding under the National Landcare Programme.
It aims to increase the number of farmers in the irrigated agriculture sector protecting the resource base (NLP Strategic Outcome 2) by extending information about soils, nutrition, irrigation, phenology and crop performance through on farm trials and demonstrations, as well as targeted training and field days.
- Delivered by Perth NRM
- Targets: 2460 ha of land with improved management practices, 246 farming entities adopting sustainable land management practices and 501 farmers with increased knowledge, skills and awareness of sustainable land management practices (training and skills development)