Current Project Activities:
- Leading sustainability practices: We are working with stakeholders to identify industry and regionally appropriate leading on-farm sustainability practices. This is through supporting producers in trialing innovative practices that may be more sustainable, developing case studies and running demonstration sites
- Sustainability certification and platform: Supporting the development and adoption of industry appropriate certification for producers wanting to demonstrate the extent that they have implemented leading sustainability practices. This, in combination with a shared use information platform, will give consumers a clearer ‘line of sight’ back down the supply chain so they can base there purchasing decisions on the comparative attributes of the business and product (evidence behind the clean green perception).
- Business management models: Facilitating the development of a shared business model (co-op) for a group of small to medium sized orchardists in the Gingin region while also providing other producers with a better understanding of what shared business models can offer in context to their own business model, value adding opportunities and vertical integration.
- Leading practice workshops: In partnership with industry group such as WA Citrus, the Hills Orchard Improvement Group and Wines of Western Australia we facilitate information extension activities on leading on-farm management practices, to producers.
- Regional Landcare Facilitator (RLF): As part of the Australian Government’s commitment to Landcare nationally, there is a network of Landcare facilitators throughout Australia who are tasked with supporting Landcare and production groups to adopt sustainable farm and land management practices and to protect Australia’s landscape.